adopt your own virtual pet!

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Broken From The Fall

Every minute takes an eternity to pass me by
As if even the seconds are turning to watch me cry
Well here I am, take a long, long look
Take the longest look of them all
Each tear takes me down with it
It’s just fall, after fall
And I am just trying to hold myself together
Just long enough to make something better
Just holding out for better weather

And please don’t meet my eyes
Don’t pretend this was all some huge surprise
‘Cause here we are, take a long, long look
Take the longest look of them all
Each excuse leaves another crack
And we are both broken from this fall
You, with all that you pretend to be
You had to know I’d figure things out eventually
You had to know that it would dawn on me

I really don’t have so many things to pack
Strange how I have no real reason for coming back
This is the end now; take a long, long look
Take the longest look of them all
It’s always one tiny lie that lets others through
And I won’t be standing around waiting for the downfall
I can’t pretend that I don’t know the whole story
I can’t pretend things are as different as they would need to be
And now you are simply you, with out me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home