adopt your own virtual pet!

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Shark

Please, please don’t look so happy. Please don’t let the cracks in my lips and the dirt in my hair bring you joy. Please don’t let yesterday’s jeans still on me and days of knots in my hair bring that smile. Please don’t see the sad in my eyes and come circling in, don’t hear the break in my voice and get too excited.
“WHAT’S WRONG NO LONGER DATING?” You gloat, you think that I’m dying ~ and well I could be ~ but it was so worth the fall.
We never were. I walk pass and keep my head down. So that you cannot see the sting in my eyes ~ so that you may not go for the kill.
“NEVER DID WANT YOU? GUESS GIRLS ARE JUST LIKE BOYS – GIVE IT UP AND THEY KNOW THEY CAN HAVE IT WHEN EVER – WHY WOULD SHE KEEP COMING AROUND? IF SHE GETS BORED WITH HER NEXT GIRL FRIEND MAYBE SHE’LL COME BACK UNTIL SHE FINDS ANOTHER…”
“Shut up ~ shut up. PLEASE!” You are wrong and maybe you will never see that and God I hope that you are getting what you need in this, may is serve some purpose. You are wrong ~ if you weren’t though ~ if you truly thought you were right why would you use it to cut out my heart that way. How could you find any joy in what you’re saying to me? Even if you thought it was wrong and you believed it a sin why doesn’t your heart hurt in the tiniest way as you see your youngest daughter crumble?
You keep on and want to know why I’m alone, who did she replace me with and why and when and what happened. Maybe now I’ll look for a guy with children and grow up. I shake my head and you want to know why I hate you so much that I have to carry on with this, “YOU RUN OFF AT HER WHIM YOU WAIT FOR HER TO BEKON. YOU LOOK LIKE SUCH A FOOL AND YOU MAKE ME LOOK LIKE ONE TOO. WHY CAN’T YOU JUST FORGET HER, FIND A MAN AND GET MARRIED?”
Tears you will saw are for her as you blind yourself to what you are doing to me. Tears and the rage that made me leave and keeps me gone and makes me ~ in ways ~ so ugly. “I am a lesbian m-“
“ONE GIRL HARDLY QUALIFIE-“
Screaming, “No that’s it. That’s it. She is my best friend and she makes me stronger and I like her and girls!”

You’re laughing hysterically at me, you’re laughing at that emotion and at my heart. You are killing me with that laugh, killing what I love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home